Postal Hiring Guidebook
Published September 2021
The hiring process with the United States Postal Service is not typical.
This particular job seeking experience will be different from any other that you have completed in the past.
- There is no USPS Human Resources or Recruiting Office that you are able to contact to apply for employment.
- There is no USPS fax number or email address provided to forward your resume and/or application.
- The local branches of the USPS are not equipped or allowed to provide information about the hiring process or job opening.
- USPS communications typically request that you do not attempt to make contact for assistance.
Instead, all candidates follow the same three step process.
- Apply Online Use the USPS website to search and apply for available positions.
- Take an Assessment Pass one of the four Virtual Entry Assessments (VEA) for
- Have an Interview Go to a postal facility to interview with the local Postmaster or Facility Manager.
Most applicants are not familiar with the various steps of the USPS hiring process and do not know how to properly prepare and do well in each step.
This guide will help you. It ensures that you possess all the tools, skills, and knowledge needed to excel in the hiring process and ultimately get hired.
Of course, preparing in advance gives you a competitive edge over those who do not.
Job openings with the USPS come and go frequently and are filled quickly.
And, you may apply for several positions, once you pass an assessment and become eligible.
Pay close attention to this little-known secret that will help you get a job as quickly as possible.
YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY CURRENT JOB POSTINGS UNTIL YOU HAVE PASSED THE APPROPRIATE VIRTUAL ENTRY ASSESSMENT